Samuel Leroy Jackson (born December 21, 1948) is an American actor and film producer. He achieved prominence and critical acclaim in the early 1990s with films such as Jungle Fever (1991), Patriot Games (1992), etc. having appeared in over 100 films.
Away from that, here are some interesting facts about the actor:
1. At 19, Jackson attended Martin Luther King Jr.’s funeral in Atlanta as an usher.
2. Early in his career, Jackson struggled with alcoholism and drug addiction to the extent that he was replaced in two plays when the productions transitioned to the Broadway stage.
3. Jackson began using the curse word “motherf*****” in his daily speech in order to overcome a stuttering problem during childhood.
4. The actor’s movies have made more money than any other actor’s in Hollywood actor — exceeding $7 billion worldwide. The residuals alone earn him about $300,000 a year!
5. Jackson is such an avid golfer that he includes a clause his contracts that permits him easy access to golf courses no matter the film shoot’s location.
Bonus: Though a vegetarian He’s been eaten on screen by a dinosaur and a shark in “Jurassic Park” and “Deep Blue Sea,” respectively.