The 32-Year Old, Prince Harry has finally made confirmation he has been dating Suits actress Meghan Markle for ‘a few months’.
In a statement on his relationship, Harry, said he is ‘worried about Ms Markle’s safety’ following the ‘wave of abuse and harassment’ she has faced since rumours of their relationship first surfaced nine days ago.
He slammed the media’s intrusion and the ‘sexism and racism of social media trolls’ in a statement which said ‘this is not a game – it is her life and his’ and that he is ‘deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her’.
The royal’s secret love affair with the 35-year-old actress was revealed less than a fortnight ago on Sunday, October 30 after they were given away by matching friendship bracelets they have both worn for months.
A lengthy and strongly-worded statement issued by Kensington Palace said there had been a ‘line crossed’ in the abuse and harassment she has faced and it was ‘not right’ that his girlfriend ‘should be subjected to such a storm’.
The letter added she had faced ‘the smear on the front page of a national newspaper; the racial undertones of comment pieces; and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments’.
Miss Markle shared photograph after photograph of her wearing the African-style jewellery on her near monthly trips to London – and the actress is believed to have charmed the royal when he visited Toronto in May.
Harry met the actress – who is best known for her role as Rachel Zane in US legal drama Suits at a function while he was promoting his Invictus Games in the Canadian city, where she is based.