Nigeria’s minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has got Nigerians talking again.
The former spokesman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) who has always kept the people informed about national issues is once again been attacked for his continuous blame game and alleged lies.
The minister on Wednesday, June 1, blamed the current tomato scarcity in the country on Boko Haram insurgents. Mohammed said the insecurity in the north-east had forced many farmers out of the zone.
He later said that President Muhammadu Buhari and his ruling APC had fulfilled all campaign promises. Mohammed evaluating the performance of the incumbent government so far added that the Buhari administration has measured up to expectation.
He said: “It (one year in office) has been very challenging, very fulfilling, but I must say with all sense of modesty that we have fulfilled our pledges.” “We campaigned on three issues: insecurity, fighting corruption and revamping the economy, and I can say again with all sense of modesty that we have fought Boko Haram to a standstill; we have launched a campaign against corruption with the change narrative, and we are taking steps to revamp the economy.”
It was alleged that President Buhari who is not ready to name the looters, has asked the minister of information to include the names of the corrupt Nigerians on his list.
Nigerians have however taken to social media to express their anger and disappointment concerning the statements the minister made. Read their reactions below:
Lai Mohammed says tomato scarcity is caused by Boko Haram ! Never knew he had such a low IQ, pic.twitter.com/AeerDiHfWS
— Oche Otorkpa (@ochejoseph) June 1, 2016